The Time has Come to Talk of Many Things…
“Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax, of cabbages and kings…”
– the Walrus from ‘Through the Looking-Glass’ by Lewis Carroll.
A lot has happened in the last month.
- In my fine art course, I’ve been studying and memorizing about 60 images (which means learning the works of art, their artists and the image’s backgrounds) for a slide test, working hard to meet assessment deadlines and completed an essay on AWN Pugin and his views on architecture.
- I’ve met an amazingly wonderful girl called Eve, who is also an aspiring artist. 🙂 ❤
- The kittens now have names; ‘Millie’ and ‘Sebastian’ and are growing into very happy, hyper cats.
- As a result of having cats in the house my whole family (myself included) has contracted ringworm, which is very itchy!
Most of the work we have done as students at the college are exploratory, and that there are very few finished works of art. There’s a lot of stuff involving sketchbooks and note taking. I’ve found it strange that for all the work we do as students, it seems to amount to very little actual art, although that will probably change in the second semester. Anyhow, assessments are taking place next week, so I won’t be able to show you most of my works until next Friday or the Monday that follows it. However, I do have a few scanned images of pages from one of my sketchbooks before I handed it up, which you can see below:
During my first semester, I believe that I’m already starting to develop my ideas and I’m much more sure and confident about the sort of artwork I want to produce. In my personal artwork, I think I am forming two main subject matters:
- the first being work concerning my Tweedles,
- the second being an exploration of themes, including immortality, demons, angels and the supernatural.
It’s been an insightful and illuminating few months and I’m really enjoying myself at art college! As we now approach the middle of December, I want to wish all of you the happiest of holidays as Christmas approaches! Thank you for reading!
Posted on December 22, 2014, in Announcement, Experimental, Sketch/Drawing and tagged Art, assessment, college, kittens, life, love, Paint, photos, Sketchbook. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.